Misplaced our camcorder recently, I spent the better part of the day fretting because I couldn't find it anyplace. I was about 100% sure it was in the house but where was it? Finally found it at the edge of one of our den sofas, covered by a slip cloth. Whew.
This afternoon we went to one of Caroline's friends birthday party, really enjoyed the time. We get home and decide on pizza (she'd already had a little at the party, we figured what the heck). I had to go potty before we went to get the pizza and Dora the Explorer band-aids - Caroline fell face first off her changing table for the first time ever and didn't think too much of the experience. We get her mind off the accident by asking if she needs a band-aid. It never fails that, yes, she needs one on her finger, elbow, or less often her knee. Anyhow, I go potty and Caroline wants to watch. I let her, and after she excitedly tells me "you're doing it! you're doing it!" and that I am now eligible for a sticker, she proceeds to announce that I'm doing it wrong, because "I'm going backwards" (as compared to her going sitting down).
Also, Caroline was watching TV the other day while we're getting ready for school in the morning. A show "The Mighty Jungle" was on, and the characters in the episode (a gorilla and a meerkat) were pirates using a map to search for buried treasure. Caroline saw them and announced they were "looking for 'eggs'". I agreed, having no idea what I was agreeing to. A minute later I noticed the map the characters were using had a big black 'X' on it, and one of them said something like "X marks the spot". So, they were not looking for an 'X', but they were instead looking for - as Caroline said - "eggs".
Caroline is into Bob the Builder, her kitchen set that Santa bought her, doodling on her new drawing table, and saying "No."
Connor is busy smiling and laughing, wishing he could do more than just roll around to get from point A to B, happy that he has pretty much mastered the high art of sitting up unassisted for long periods of time (although he still can't get there by himself), and pretty much enjoys being a peaceful boy always reaching for whatever comes into his field of vision (which is pretty good). He's got some thick fluid buildup in his ear, which is going to cause another ear infection or two until we get tubes into him the first of February. Who needs sleep, anyways?
Sunday, January 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment