Like other babies the world over, the wonder child is not immune to ear infections, succumbing to her second one in the past month or so. So, it's back to the twice-daily threat of her throwing up after giving her antibiotics.
Her hair is really coming in now - it's not much longer before we will be able to put in bows. Ye gods.
Earlier today she was laying on the floor, playing w/ blocks and stackable rings we bought recently, and I watched her while she grabbed them, shaking them around and working to figure out just what they were and what they "did." It's amazing stuff to see.
She's got this thing going on with her head and neck - like she's doing the funky chicken in rhythm to some beat only she hears. It's pretty dang funny, I have to get it on video for it to be appreciated. Jessica was mimicking it and Caroline was giving it right back to her.
She's also pushing dad's buttons when I change her diaper - I have to get her arm bent and pointed away from her body to extract it out of her duds; so of course she is bending it, but now she's pointing it across her body and holding her hand with the other so I can't get it out, and all the while she's saying "da da da da...." over and over and smiling at me. Of course, laughing only encourages her...
Last, I spent a few minutes putting the order in for dinner and then got up to get the keys and drive over to the restaurant. As I walked out of the dining room toward the kitchen I happened to glance over at Caroline, propped up on her elbows on the play mat while Jessica ran her bath. Up to then, for at least 2-3 minutes, she'd been as quiet as a mouse, apparently just watching me...until I locked eyes with her. At that point, her lower lip started pursing out, her eyes squinted, and the bawling began. As I told Jessica, "her" daughter is a little manipulator.
Here is a clip from earlier today of her laughing - she is pretty much a happy baby:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment